The Women and Gender Constituency, in collaboration with the National Human Rights Council Morocco, is pleased to announce a two-day capacity-building training on “Gender and Climate Change” from 19-22 July 2016 in Rabat, Morocco.
The workshop will raise awareness of the interlinkages between gender and climate change and ensure that women’s voices are heard and their rights are embedded in all processes and actions of the UNFCCC framework. More than 30 Moroccan women’s rights and environmental NGOs are expected to attend in preparation for COP22.
- Gender, sustainable development and climate – the global outlook;
- Case studies and specific focus on the Mediterranean region;
- From Paris to Marrakech: the big challenges for the implementation of the Paris Agreement towards a Climate Action Plan respecting human rights and gender equality;
- Gender in Nationally Determined Contributions;
- Gender and mitigation and adaptation;
- Gender and climate finance;
- Gender and technology transfer;
- Understanding and getting involved in the UNFCCC climate negotiations.
For more information, please contact Franziska Loibl (firstname.lastname@example.org).